Grounding in Uncertain Times
The emergence of the Coronavirus pandemic of a scale unprecedented in our lifetime prompts consideration of unique psychological and existential challenges including:
- The Impermanence of all things;
- Interdependence among human beings and other life forms;
- The importance of Human Connection implicated in potential quarantines and social distancing;
- Humility found in a more deep appreciation for the paramount force of nature that can supersede human will;
- The Questioning of Societal Infrastructure as our government works to mobilize essential societal resources to preserve human life; and
- A basic Reexamination of Values in terms of what is truly important to each of us.
Opportunity often arises out of chaos. I believe that these unique conditions heighten the need and value of personal introspection and effective working through of basic existential fears. I am available for online sessions to facilitate this introspection and working through, and to provide important grounding during these uncertain times.